Man, 21, Stabbed to Death on Perry Street

first_imgResidents of Perry Street in Monrovia early last Sunday morning woke up to the news of the death of Boimah Fanbulleh (not related to Rep. Henry Fahnbulleh) who was stabbed to death by a young man said to be his friend.Speaking to Daily Observer, Mohammed Kaba, an eyewitness and cousin of the victim, said Fanbulleh and his friend the perpetrator, identified as Slopee, were together around a pool board at the White House Video Club on Perry Street in the late hours of the night.According to Kaba, Slopee was playing while Fanbulleh was watching the game. Slopee later asked Fanbulleh for his phone’s memory card that he had collected from him, a few days earlier.“They argued at the video club and got into a fight and when they were separated Sloopee ran to a nearby Fula shop, took a knife, returned and re-engaged Fanbulleh in another round of fight,” Kaba said.Later, on his way home, around God’s Glory Free Pentecostal Church, Fanbulleh encountered Slopee who reportedly stabbed him.Kaba said Fanbulleh was immediately rushed to the John F. Kennedy Memorial Hospital but was pronounced dead upon arrival.A group of young men, meanwhile, ran after Slopee when they were told by someone that he was hosted by a friend in Jallah Town.When they arrived in Jallah Town, Peter Kollie, one of the men, said Slopee’s blood stained clothes were found in his friend’s room but Slopee was nowhere to be seen. This, according to Kollie, annoyed them and they decided to brutalize the host to force him to disclose the whereabouts of Slopee.Samuel Kailondo (not related to Businessman George Kailondo), who was accused of hosting Slopee, was taken to Perry Street with cuts on his body and head.When asked as to what he knew of the accusation linking him to hosting the man believed to be Boimah’s killer, Kailondo said Slopee met him but was not lodged in his house.According to Samuel, Slopee met him at 2AM while he and his friends were cooking rice and soup. He said he saw Slopee with blood all over his clothes and hands and asked him to go away because it scared everyone in the gathering.“Slopee told me he and Mohammed fought,’’ Samuel said, ‘’but did not speak when I assumed he may have killed before reaching me.I told him to go far from me, and he left. I can’t speak about where he went next when he left us.”Samuel said a group of men met him later and asked to search his room, which he said he obeyed but was brutally hit with sharp objects and severely hurt.According to him, the young men said they saw Slopee’s blood stained clothes in his room but it was not true.For her part, the grandmother of Kaba who reared Fahnbulleh said she and Mohammed’s parents are looking up to the police to see how the matter will be addressed.Many onlookers said the death of Mohammed made it the fourth on Perry Street this month, although the others happened differently.They also stated that there are several drug addicts who instill fear in the residents daily. A group of the Emergency Response Unit (ERU) of the Police Force, meanwhile, took control of situation on Perry Street at 7AM while efforts to arrest Slopee are still ongoing.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)last_img read more