View Comments Steven Levenson & Thomas Kail(Photo by Emilio Madrid for Broadway.com) Mazel tov! Hamilton’s Tony-winning director Thomas Kail will helm a new feature film of Fiddler On The Roof, according to Deadline. Dear Evan Hansen’s Tony-winning scribe Steven Levenson will write the screenplay based on the iconic musical. Kail and Levenson collaborated on developing the FX limited series Fosse/Verdon. Danny Burstein in the 2015 revival of Fiddler on the Roof (Photo: Joan Marcus) With music by Jerry Bock, lyrics by Sheldon Harnick, a book by Joseph Stein and direction and choreography by Jerome Robbins, Fiddler on the Roof premiered on Broadway in 1964. The story about a Jewish family’s trials and triumphs in 1905 Anatevka won nine Tony Awards, including Best Musical. There have since been five Broadway revivals of the show as well as a 1971 film, which won three Academy Awards. The celebrated musical has been translated into many languages and performed around the world.On the New York stage, Kail most recently directed Ross Golan’s off-Broadway musical The Wrong Man. In addition to Hamilton, Kail directed Lin-Manuel Miranda’s Tony-winning musical In the Heights. His other Broadway credits include helming two sports-related shows: Lombardi and Magic/Bird. He was last represented on the Great White Way with Freestyle Love Supreme, which he co-created, co-produced and directed. As previously announced, a documentary We Are Freestyle Love Supreme will be released on June 5. He won an Emmy Award for his direction of Grease: Live in 2016. Kail will produce this MGM Fiddler film along with Dan Jinks and Aaron Harnick, who is a nephew of the musical’s lyricist.In addition to the Broadway hit Dear Evan Hansen, Levenson’s stage works include The Language of Trees, Seven Minutes in Heaven, If I Forget, Days of Rage and more. Fiddler on the Roof is not his first musical-to-movie screenplay venture. As previously announced, he wrote the screenplay for the Tick, Tick…BOOM! movie and will write the script for Dear Evan Hansen’s own big-screen adaptation.A production schedule, casting and release dates will be announced later.
Bonteheuwel Joint Peace Forum chairperson, Judith Kennedy, addressed the crowd who gathered for a vigil outside the Abrahams family home in Jasmine Street. The Bonteheuwel community gathered outside the Abrahams family home on Thursday August 4, in a show of unity against gang violence and to pray for their recovery.The Abrahams family – mother Shireen, father Mahdi, and sons Ebrahim, 22, Moeneer, 19, and Masood, 14 – were on their way home on Wednesday August 3, when a gunman shot at their vehicle, leaving Ms Abrahams and Masood in a critical condition in hospital.Police believe the hit on the family was a case of mistaken identity.The family is well-known and loved by the community. Mr Abrahams is an imam at the Bonteheuwel mosque.Bishop Lavis SAPS spokesperson, Captain Marie Louw, said the driver of the family’s car made way for another car to pass them, when a passenger in the other vehicle (a black VW Polo) got out and started shooting at their car, on the corner of Juniper and Jasmine streets, at 10.20pm.“The mother (Shireen) was hit by a bullet in the mouth, neck and side of her body. Masood was shot on the left side of his face and right side of his shoulder and his left knee. Ebrahim was shot in his stomach, Moeneer was shot through his left side finger and the father (Mahdi) sustained a bullet wound to his left arm,” Captain Louw said.The black Polo was later found in Rooihout Street, Bonteheuwel. The car was stolen in Delft last month.At a vigil arranged by the Bonteheuwel Joint Peace Forum (JPF) and religious institutions in the area, on Thursday August 4, many neighbours could not contain their emotions.Addressing the crowd, Moulana Fagmie Salie said Ms Abrahams is a hard-working woman.“She is the pillar of her family, and we all know that when something bad happens to a mother, it affects us all. It is beautiful to see how many came out tonight. May the Almighty keep us united. We are a community standing together for justice. We have already shown what unity can bring us in the 1980s, when we fought against an unjust system. With this kind of unity, we can clean Bonteheuwel from gangsterism with love and peace,” Mr Salie said.Yusuf Cassiem, JPF member, told the crowd that they must come out in their thousands to support this cause, “just like we came out in the thousands yesterday to vote”. He also urged people to report any information they have to the police.Judith Kennedy, chairperson of the JPF, thanked everybody for their attendance.“I cannot fathom how this could happen to a family. We are in Women’s Month, and it is usually the women who drive causes here in Bonteheuwel, and it is sad that a mother had to go through this during this time. “I am very happy to see all the men here tonight. For the gang violence to stop, we have to take a stand. And peace is possible, it just depends on all of us,” Ms Kennedy said.Mr Abrahams’ brother, Abdul Azies Abrahams, also thanked the community for their support and prayers. When he described the kind of damages the bullets left on his brother’s family, many in the crowd could be heard crying.Mr Abrahams added: “I too, cannot believe that this has happened to them. It seems like they were at the wrong place at the wrong time. For too long our community has suffered because of gang violence, we have to take our community back. Let us mobilise against this scourge that’s tearing our community apart.”Bishop Lavis Community Pol-ice Forum chairperson, Graham Lindhorst, said: “This is a very religious family. They are innocent. It was a case of mistaken identity. “The community is fed up with the shooting in the area and are in shock. “They are not happy at all and this incident just added fuel to the fire.”
See also:Schurrle leaves Chelsea to join WolfsburgLike selling Mata, offloading Schurrle was ruthless and the right thing to do From Houseman to Hazard – 10 of the best Chelsea wingers“The staff are amazing. I developed my game and improved myself.“I was a different player when I came to Chelsea. It helped me a lot. I will never regret this.”The 24-year-old said he was reluctant to leave Stamford Bridge, but knew it was the right thing to do for his career.Schurrle returned from the World Cup in Brazil late in the summer, but was still selected for the Premier League opener against Burnley ahead of Willian.However, illness and a loss of form soon saw him lose his place and he has only started five top-flight games out of 23 this season.“I wanted to stay,” Schurrle added. “But the last weeks or last month I tended towards changing something because I wanted to do what is fun for me and that is to play football.” Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook Andre Schurrle says he has no regrets about his time with Chelsea despite never truly establishing himself as a first-team regular.The German World Cup winner this week returned to his homeland to join Wolfsburg for around £22m, paving for the way for Colombian winger Juan Cuadrado to move to Stamford Bridge.“I still love this club,” said Schurrle, who made 64 appearances for the Blues after arriving in the summer of 2013, but only 34 starts.AdChoices广告
Former Super Eagles players have rebuked Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr for inviting FC Ifeanyi Ubah defender Adeleye Aniyikaye, who was last in action for his club in June, for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Bafana Bafana of South Africa and the friendly against Uganda.Friday Ekpo, Adegoke Adelabu and Segun Oguns said Rohr should have opted for a home-based player who had been in action in recent times rather than an inactive defender.Eagles Technical Adviser Gernot Rohr called up Aniyikaye for the November 17 qualifier at the FNB Stadium in Johannesburg and the international friendly against the Cranes at the Stephen Keshi Stadium, Asaba, three days later.The defender’s invitation came after Rohr was condemned for constantly excluding the Nigeria Professional Football League players from his team selection.However, Aniyikaye who has been part of the Eagles Team B, last played a match for his club five months ago. His last for Ifeanyi Ubah was in their NFPL Matchday 23 match against Kwara United in Ilorin in June.If team selection was not an issue outstanding players like left-back Ikouwem Udoh and forward Mfon Udoh who played crucial roles in getting Enyimba to the semi-final of the CAF Confederation Cup, including Kelvin Itoya, who inspired the come-back win for Enugu Rangers in the final of the Aiteo Cup against Kano Pillars, who have been active for their clubs, should be considered for call-up.Ekpo said, “The best criterion for inviting players to the national team anywhere in the world is their current form. The coach made a mistake in inviting such a player because it will amount to a waste of chance for the others who are active and also in good form.”Adelabu believes that the player’s invitation would reduce the morale of others who have done well but were overlooked by the coach.“As much as we want the home-based players in the Eagles, they should be invited based on their current form. There are players who are active and can challenge the overseas-based ones for starting places in the team – these should be the ones to be invited,” he stated.“Rohr is a coach who doesn’t have a team he trains – so he is not largely to blame. Rather his assistants and scouts, who advise him on the players, should be the ones to educate him on the current form and the last time players were active in their clubs.”Former Eagles goalkeeper Oguns also believes that the coach made a mistake in his decision. “The Super Eagles were once known for their enterprising playing style and flair but this has fast disappeared because the right players have not been invited. Players should be invited on their form and not otherwise.”Gernot Rohr has however not made any comments as regards the statements by the former Eagles.Related
Rick PitinoRick Pitino is under the most severe threat to his celebrated tenure at the University of Louisville after former players and top recruits said his staff paid strippers and escorts as recruiting devices to convince them to attend the basketball-rich school.A former escort spoke exclusively to ESPN’s “Outside the Lines” about how she helped coordinate stripper and escort parties inside the dormitories at U of L in order to convince blue-chip high school talents and prep All-Americans to choose Cardinal nation over other suitor schools.Five former Louisville players and recruits confirmed allegations that a former member of the basketball staff paid for escorts to dance at parties they attended, ESPN reports, and one former player said he had sex with a dancer after the staff member paid her.Prostitue-turned-author Katina PowellThe lid was blown off the program after a former escort, Katina Powell, wrote the barnstorming book, Breaking Cardinal Rules: Basketball and the Escort Queen. Powell details in her memoir that she was paid $10,000, per party, by former Louisville director of basketball operations Andre McGee to provide escorts to dance and have sex with recruits and players between 2010 and 2014. She said she organized at least two dozen of such parties during this time period.Where McGee (and others who paid for these parties) got the money is still a mystery and under investigation by the NCAA.Pitino, long a Hall of Fame-caliber and controversial coach, denies vehemently that he had any knowledge that such activities were popping off under his watch. But already many pundits and fans predict that his Titanic-sized image and program has hit the iceberg and will eventually sink to the depths of ignominy.Fans are also weighing in on the growing scandal, albeit in the most hilarious and witty ways via social media. Take a look at the funniest Rick Pitino memes and tweets about “hookers for hoops.” //platform.twitter.com/widgets.js//platform.twitter.com/widgets.jsSo it looks as if Rick Pitino and his players are the real Papa Johns #Louisville— Steven Shaw ℹ (@czechov) October 20, 2015//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js
“I didn’t say we’d sign a footballer who plays in the same position as Malcom, I said we’d sign a better player. For me, Steven is a better player than Malcom,” reiterated Monchi. EFE Roma’s director of football, the Spaniard Ramón Rodríguez Verdejo “Monchi”, is of the opinion that Steven N’Zonzi is “a better player” than Brazilian winger Malcom, who turned them down to sign for Barça. In the press conference held during N’Zonzi’s presentation, a €26.65m purchase from Sevilla, Monchi believes that the World Cup winner is a better player than Malcom. IN SPORT.ES CEST Monchi considera que Nzonzi es mejor jugador que Malcom Monchi also stated that Roma don’t plan on signing another right winger as they already have sufficient quality in that position in their squad. Roma even announced that the young winger would be flying out to Italy in order to undergo a medical with the club. Bordeaux then blocked the transfer and sold him to Barça for a higher price. 16/08/2018 “And we also have better players than him in our team,” he added. These declarations came after Malcom, who played for Bordeaux last season, was at the verge joining the Italian side this summer. “With respect, don’t you think a World champion is a better signing than Malcom?” This was Monchi’s response to whether he was still upset about the failed move for the Brazilian winger. Upd. at 19:48